Backstage at Newcastle College
I’ve always wanted to go on one of those mesh grids!
UNLV’s blackbox has a tension grid, but there is ducting and things all over, so we are constantly hitting our heads. And it KILLS knees. Pretty sure my knee problem has been greatly aided by our tension grid…
girl scouts are letting in trans* girls and letting girls replace God with whatever they want in the pledge, also they use cookie income to support abortion and LGBT agendas
boy scouts are just now allowing gays in, officially in january, but gay leaders are still banned and they’re talking about segregation on camping trips, with gays and straights in different tents. also they still ban atheists,
girl scouts: 10000 boy scouts: 0
Joke’s on the BSA….soooo many boys get past their criteria. (My friend is agnostic, and his brother is a gay atheist, both Eagle Scouts. Suck it BSA!)
DONE with the last paper I have to write this semester!!!!!
So, as promised, I reached 100 followers, and here is the giveaway. I’m a lazy bum, so instead of giving you guys actual things, I decided to just get gift cards, because I’ve been too busy. Since my blog is predominantly backstage theatre and Stage Management stuff, all gift cards will be for…
Reminder that this has to get to 100 notes for it to go down!
Since I know there’s a vast community of Theatre Technicians on Tumblr I thought I’d put this out there so we could get to know each other.
- Name (or username): Jackson (perpetuallight)
- Areas of tech you’re interested in: Lighting, Rigging, Sound
- Area of tech you would…
I think I have done this before, but I’ll do it again
- Name (or username): Tes (behindthepromptbook)
- Areas of tech you’re interested in: Stage Management, Lighting, Scenic Painting
- Area of tech you would like to know more about: Sound
- How long you’ve been in tech theatre: Almost 5 years now. I started as a stage manager in high school and fell in love with it!
- Favorite show that you’ve worked on: Reworking the third national tour of American Idiot.
- Favorite thing that you’ve created for theatre: I really haven’t created anything….I hardly did build in high school, and not much in community college. I guess I was proud of the huge “charcoal” paintings I did for Knight of the Burning Pestle at Foothill…
- Show you’d love to work on: Something for Cirque, another production of Spring Awakening, and Book of Mormon
- Ideal career goal: Stage manager or master electrician for a company
- How you deal with tech week stress: Dr.Pepper, Salt and Vinegar Pringles, and chocolate :D